Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, October 13, 2008

Dedication of this blog site...



So you wanna know things about me, huh? Well, I am a
mother to the best kids in the world Kaylee & Grace. They were born on Feb. 26th 2008, just 8 minutes apart.

this was me 5 days before I gave birth--->

Reed and I decided in October of 2006 we would start trying to have kids. A month and a half later we found out we were pregant but we lost that baby on our 2nd year anniversay. Then in Feb. 07 we found out we were pregnant again only to find out in April during an ultrasound that there was no heartbeat. We were devistated yet again. Then on July 3rd on my last day of college classes that I would ever have before I graduated we found out we were pregnant again. We were super cautious but very excited. On August 5th I woke up and just thought something was wrong so we went to the ER and there not only did we found out that everything was okay with the baby but that we were having TWINS!!! We were so excited and scared at the same time.

See ever since I was a little girl I had dreamed of having twin girls. Yes I have always truely wanted to have twins. I think I felt that way because my mom was a twin and I just thought that that would be the neatest thing in the world to have. Needless to say "be careful what you ask for"... So I was scared but way excited when we got the news.

Now when Reed and I said we wanted to start our family we never dreamed we would be having two children at once.

I had a great pregnancy and carried the babies full term at 38 weeks 3day gestation. I was as big as a house, measuring in at 57 inches around (that is alomst 5 feet around). I was induced due to high blood pressure and was able to give birth to the twins vaginally and without any pain medications... it was a wonderful experience. Kaylee was 6lb 15oz and Grace was 6lb 6oz.

My girls are beautiful and wonderful and I look forward to getting to know them, teach them and love on them for the rest of their lives.

Oh, and If you want to know if Reed and I plan on having any more kids... the answer to that is yes. We can't figure out if it would be better to spread them out (and if so by how many years) or to just get it all over with and knock them out one right after the other... We are not going there anytime soon b/c we are just enjoying the twins right now and plus we just got new insurance and so we have to wait 6 months before they will cover a pregnancy... (stupid insurance...) so for now we have put off discussion on more kids until Feb. 09. We are hoping for a boy next that way if we want to stop we have a complete family of boys and girls but who knows... (secrectly we want twin boys... we think it would be great but what are the odds of that, I mean the odds of natually conceiving twins is 1 in 80 but the chances of you concieving a 2nd set of twins (faternal) is 1 in 20) so the chance is there...

Stay tuned to more about the twins:

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Can't wait to see more photos!!!

Screwed Up Texan said...

Wow! I am so glad you are not shy about showing your tummy!

I am a twin...I have a twin brother. My grandmother has THREE sets of twins in her family (13 siblings total).

I feel I have twins with 3, 4, and 5 yr old boys. Actually, I get asked quite a bit if they are twins or triplets.

Congrats!