Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 30, 2009

What a Yummy Thanksgiving!

First off I want to say that I am grateful for my wonderful husband and my two (soon to be 3) healthy/beautiful kiddo in my life! But above all I am grateful for my Mother who all the years past has cooked a Thanksgiving dinner for her family, her six kids, plus their children, significant others and friends. I cooked for the first time this year all by myself for my small family of 4 and it took me 2 long days and I was tired to say the least and my mom would always do it all and I don't think she ever got the credit she deserved. So mom this blog is dedicated to you and all that you have done for us and all the meals you made me!

We couldn't really go anywhere this year for Thanksgiving due to me being so hugely pregnant, so we decided to stay in and make our own turkey for just ourselves... My menu was bigger than my stomach and even 5 days out we still have enough leftovers to feed another family of four! The T-day menu was: Turkey, mac & cheese, rolls, olive salad, mash potatoes, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, stuffing/dressing, fruit salad, pumpkin & pecan pie, cranberry bread, cranberry sauce and gravy. All the foods I cooked my self and were homemade except the pie crusts and the French's onions on top of the green beans. It all turned out delicious! Like I said I now have a whole new respect for my mother and all those years she did it!

Reed and I spend our 4 day weekend doing nothing but chasing the girls around and relaxing which is what we needed after all of our travels during the previous weekends! I think we made it out to the park on the corner a few times and to toys r us one day and that's all! Oh, but we did get our tree up last night and the girls have been pulling off ornaments all day long (it's not driving me crazy at all... no... not at all... I swear if they do it one more time.........) So here are some shots from our wonderful weekend together!


Grace is wanting pie insteadKaylee not so sure about what is on her plate

It's not very often you can get the girls to share in their personal space, but when they do they are just plain adorable!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a lot of food Alex, but it looks delicious. Glad you had a great TG, and I look forward to seeing yall when you move back to Texas...then I can eat your leftovers. :)--R

Unknown said...

Looks like a wonderful feast! You must be crazy too make that much. Your girls are so cute but is that birthday counter on the sidebar correct?