Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter 2010!

Easter this year was a blast! The girls had more Easter eggs to hunt than their baskets could hold! I also carried on my family's tradition of saving dozens of egg and filling them with confetti, called cascarones in Spanish. They are a Mexican tradition that my side of the family does every Easter and this year I made 4 dozen and we all had a blast breaking them over each others heads!!!

This year we decided to also fill all the plastic eggs with stickers instead of candy. And I know what you are thinking that I am no fun and the kids should have candy on Easter and I agree with that... I went out twice before Easter and bought candy and proceeded to eat it all myself... oops... bad Mommy! No, the girls did eat a ton of candy with me before Easter and I just thought it was enough...






P.S. We did get family photos taken on the 5Th so be looking out for those!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Cascarones are so much fun!! That last picture is by far my favorite. :D Looks like everyone had a great Easter.

I've never made cascarones before - how do you make them?!!?

Unknown said...

I'd say that the girls look cute--and they certainly do--but they also look intense. "Where are those Easter eggs?!" =) I wish I could have been there to see it, and I can't wait until yall are back in Texas. 112 degree weather, here you come!--R

Unknown said...

We made cascarones, too! I love the pics of the girls getting their brother and the Cutest Boy in the Universe covered in confetti. Adorable!